We are begining the process of going through the Gold Key tubs. For folks that are newer, the Gold Key contains garb that visitors or first timers can wear at events. It needs a bit of mending, and ironically - updating
We (being anyone who wants to help) would like to request some dontations. I figured folks might have some of these items that they are needing to clear out of their rooms (to make room for new projects). We would appreciate anything, large or small. A tiny piece of trim, might just make a piece wonderful!
1. Spools of thread - any color!
2. Scraps (or bolts) of fabric - (preferably machine washable as washing is a necessity).
3. Trims (bought or even left overs of things you've made).
4. Any garb you are tired of or started and abandoned.
6. Adornments & Accessories (belts, pouches, cloaks, jewelry, possibly shoes).
A few things that might help keep the Gold Key more easily accessible:
1. Sorting and marking the bins by gender.
2. Having a portable rack (that will break down and fit into tub or carrying bag) to hang garb at events (as space allows).
3. Having garb on hangers, and in clothing bags, then folded nicely into the tubs to keep them looking fresh and easy to pull out and go through.
4. An empty bag, so worn items can be gathered after an event, and easily thrown into a washer.
If you'd like to donate or volunteer to help, let me know. This will be an ongoing process, and I don't think there are any critical deadlines, so whatever you can do will be greatly appreciated!!!
We'll be the best dressed Barony!!
*Also, if you have a good pattern for a portable rack, or would like to assist in the making of one - that would be awesome too!!