Login

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Coronation
Re:Coronation 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
Thank you both! I would like to see a couple of styles so I can learn the one that works for me and the project I am making. I am off of work right now so any time next week would be good.
Keara
Landowner
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Coronation 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Here is a sample for the bag cords, it is approx. 20" long, will this work?

Anastasia

ok, so the pic is too big so I'm adding a word doc with the picture in it. Well, that didn't work either . I e-mailed Ellisif about it. Check my facebook page for the pic.
Anastasia
Serf
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/30 09:17 By Anastasia.

Re:Coronation 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -10
Hi All!

I hope everyone has been working on the Coronation gifts. I would like to start collecting the gifts at Baronial Championships. If you would like to help but don't know where to start, please let me know and I do what I can to help.

Thanks!
Artemisia
Artemisia
Serf
graphgraph

Do you have some things that are so easy even a fighter can make them?
CuMhara of Holyhead
Peasant
graphgraph

CuMhara,

When I was at Simply Day I noticed that some of the gifts crown passed out were simple strips of thick (maybe 1/4")leather about 1/2" by 20" at the end of each was a hole punched and a leather throng/cord went through the two holes to make a tie. It is a head band. They gave over a half dozen of these out. If you are good with leather and have some supplies this seems like a simple project.

Good luck,
Keara
Keara
Landowner
graphgraph

Artemisia,

I have some spices for crown and I have been making a project to be entered into baronial championships. Can you tell me what documentation is needed? Please reply to kearapeterson@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Keara
Keara
Landowner
graphgraph

Are you meaning for yourself or for others?

If you are still doing tablet weaving, they are looking for woven trims.

For others, purchasing some spices or herbs to be put into cloth bags is an option. So is making the cloth bags.

There is also soap. Supplies can be purchased at a craft store or a drug store. If someone is interested in making soaps, contact me for some additional information.

In the same aisle of the craft store is usually candle making supplies, beeswax candles are a nice gift.

I hope that helps. Thanks!
Artemisia
Serf
graphgraph

I can make some cloth bags. What sizes do you recommend?
CuMhara of Holyhead
Peasant
graphgraph

Let's go with 5x7, or any other size you would like.
Artemisia
Serf
graphgraph

Re:Coronation 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 30
We are going to be working on cloth bags at the premier meeting of the Eastside A&S group on Thursday, August 26 at Lucja's home. Anyone is welcome (you don't have to live on the Eastside )
We will also be making cords.
Elspeth Clerk
Head of Clan Bredi
Aristocrat
graph

I've marked it on my calendar and hope to be able to actually make it.
Artemisia
Serf
graphgraph

Re:Coronation 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
When Liz and I recieved our AoA's, TRMs, Palymar and Aislinn gave us leather circlets, like the one's Artie mentioned. They were a tad less than 1/2" wide and had a simple flower pattern stamped around the length of them. They had a bit of cord at the back to tie with. If anyone is interested in making circlets, I can let you see what we have.

I have also seen simple circlet of 2 lengths of wire twisted together - if anyone likes working with wire.
Lady Lionetta Illuminatore
Privy Council
graphgraph

Re:Coronation 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: -10
Hi! How did the making of stuff go? Sorry I didn't make it. I was in a car accident that morning and wasn't feeling like doing anything. (I'm fine, my car is totaled).

Thanks!
Arte
Artemisia
Serf
graphgraph

making gifts 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I would like to help making gifts. I am new to the SCA and I don't know How Things Work but I'm willing to learn. I am crafty and learning wire weaving. I'd like to make the wire circlets you mentioned. Do you have instructions?

I hope to attend the next A&S night and meet many of you.
Claudia
Peasant
graphgraph

Re:Coronation 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
I don't have instructions for any of the circlets. I only have an example of a leather one.
The wire ones I've seen were just three rods of wire simply twisted. I've never seen one made from the wire weaving, but I'm sure that would be a very cool circlet.
I would imagine, that after you finished weaving a length and had it stretched to about 20"-28" (head size), you could just do the ends like you would a chain.

I haven't been in years, but the last time we went to the Ren Fair - which I think starts soon - there were millions of circlets for sale. Might be a good place to look for examples.
Lady Lionetta Illuminatore
Privy Council
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123

This is the recognized Web site for the Barony of Fenix, Middle Kingdom (The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.) and is maintained by Jennifer Prichard (Ellisif Steinsdottir). This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. Copyright © 2011 Barony of Fenix. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister. They will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors. All external links are not part of the Barony of Fenix website. Inclusion of a page or site here is neither implicit nor explicit endorsement of the site. Further, SCA, Inc. is not responsible for content outside of http://midrealm.org/baronyfenix.

Middle Kingdom Calendar
Calendar of Events for the Middle Kingdom of the SCA