Login

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Baronial Trailer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Baronial Trailer
Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
This is just informational, about the discussion we had for buying a Baronial Trailer for use at local events (that way all our stuff is in one place).

I did the research and it is perfectly acceptable for us to buy a trailer and register it in the name of the Barony (same format as the checking account). If we do this, we will be required to do the following:

When the trailer is purchased:
1: Retain the original title and a copy (not the original) of the registration in the Exchequer's files.
2: Retain a copy of the title and registration in the Seneschal's files.
3: Follow the procedures below to active SCA corporate insurance for the trailer.

When the trailer is sold:
1: Retain the bill of sale in the Exchequer's files.
2: Retain a copy of the bill of sale in the Seneschal's files.
3: Follow the procedures below to cancel the insurance.

To get corporate insurance:
Send a copy of the current registration to Patricia LaChance at the SCA office. This should be done each year. She will have the trailer added to the SCA corporate insurance. The Society pays for the yearly insurance premium, not the Barony. This is liability only insurance.

To cancel corporate insurance:
Inform Patricia LaChance that the trailer has been sold and she will cancel the insurance.

Baron Aengus
Fenix Baron (Aengus mac Farlane)
Privy Council
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 12
Here is an enclosed trailer 12 x 6 for 2000. cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/1851448801.html
Fenix Baroness (Hypathia of Inish mor)
Privy Council
graphgraph

Re:Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
That looks like a nice size trainer.
Keara
Landowner
graphgraph

Re:Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
mmmm...it's shiny
Seneschal (Lisabetta Temperani)
Privy Council
graphgraph

I like
Lady Lionetta Illuminatore
Privy Council
graphgraph

Re:Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 30
Don't get me wrong, I think a baronial trailer is a great idea (our household is thinking along the same lines), but there are several questions that need to be answered.
Does anyone had a vehicle capable of towing said trailer? Do they have to carry additional insurance for towing said trailer? What happens if that person moves out of the Barony, or the Kingdom?
Where will said trailer be stored? Will SCA insurance cover the items stored in said trailer, say if some nefarious person should break into it and either steal or destroy what is inside? If it is stored at someone's house, what if that person moves?
What happened to the Baronial storage shed idea?
Elspeth Clerk
Head of Clan Bredi
Aristocrat
graph

I think a lot of those questions were raised at meetings.
I believe we obtain insurnace through SCA. Having a trailer makes it much eachier to transport necessary items to larger events. There are several members who have tow packages on their vehichles who would volunteer to bring it to events. I know on our property insurance, it would be covered if something happened. All I have to do is tell my agent it's at my house.

It's just easier to have our things all in one place than spread out across the city.

If someone happened to leave with it - well that'd involve Kingdom, and the law. If they left it, one of us would have to go get it.
Privy Council
graphgraph

Oh, I understand the reason to have it. I just wanted to be sure that everything had been thought through.
I happen to be one of those who is interested in being involved, but due to mundane responsibilities, am unable to attend business meetings. And business meeting minutes don't always include ALL the discussion, if they contain any.
Elspeth Clerk
Head of Clan Bredi
Aristocrat
graph

Those are good questions, and I think the conversation is great - keeping everyone in the loop.
One of the things I am in the process of doing (that coincides with the trailer business), is making sure we have a property list. It will contain a detail of all of the Barony's posessions. A copy of list will be posted inside the trailer, so that members can sign out individual items, leaving contact info. This will make keeping track of things a lot easier.
Privy Council
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/07/20 17:36 By fenixexchequer.

Re:Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
Elspeth,

You are spot on with your questions, and that is the main reason these forums exist, to allow members who can not make it to the business meetings to still participate in the conversations involving the business.

Lucja was correct, the corporate office will pay for the trailer insurance, we just have to send them a copy of the registration every year. The "free" insurance will only cover the trailer, not the contents, but we can request that corporate include additional theft insurance. If we do this we will have to pay for it yearly. Not sure of the pricing yet, but I think it may be variable based on the value of the contents.

As Baronial property, the actual trailer will be titled in the name of the Barony (just like the checking account). We must pay the registration fees each year.

The question of storage did come up. The options are to store on a willing members property, but this did raise the concern of someone running off with it or moving. The other option was to pay for a storage lot. We still do not have pricing info for this option.

Lucja is also correct about hauling the trailer, there are several people in the group with tow packages (myself included). My opinion is that it would be the responsibility of the event autocrat to make sure someone is getting the trailer to site.

I hope I didn't miss anything, but I have to run to practice. And THANK YOU very much for the questions. I love to see the forums being used productively.

Baron Aengus
Fenix Baron (Aengus mac Farlane)
Privy Council
graphgraph

I agree with Lady Lucja Kubrata. The sign-in/sign-out sheet at the storage location is a good choice. I did this when I managed the fencing gear for UC Clermont. Using one of those pens on a chain helped remind team members to sign the log and I kept a hard (and digital) copy of the list off site as well.
Keara
Landowner
graphgraph

My husband and I are fixing the ditch line in our back yard. We have a large lot and there is an area we could park the trailer for easy access once the dirt has been smoothed out. We have lived in our home for over ten years so there is not much chance of us moving. We are 35 miles east of the 275 loop, our house is 2 minutes off of HWY 32. Compared to everyone else this distance might be an inconvenience, so if it is too far for people to want to travel to get things I understand. Perhaps we could split the difference pay the expense to store the trailer in a lot during the time it needs to be most readily available and on a members property on the "off season" so to speak. Okay, I know there really isn't an off season, but you know what I mean.
Keara
Landowner
graphgraph

Re:Baronial Trailer 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
That trailer has a jesus fish on it!
Fenix Webminister
Currently: Ellisif Steinsdóttir

we can draw little legs on it...lol
Privy Council
graphgraph

Holding a pole arm.
Elspeth Clerk
Head of Clan Bredi
Aristocrat
graph

Go to topPage: 12

This is the recognized Web site for the Barony of Fenix, Middle Kingdom (The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.) and is maintained by Jennifer Prichard (Ellisif Steinsdottir). This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. Copyright © 2011 Barony of Fenix. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister. They will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors. All external links are not part of the Barony of Fenix website. Inclusion of a page or site here is neither implicit nor explicit endorsement of the site. Further, SCA, Inc. is not responsible for content outside of http://midrealm.org/baronyfenix.

Middle Kingdom Calendar
Calendar of Events for the Middle Kingdom of the SCA