Login

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: NKU Demo
NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Greetings to all.

We have been approached by a member of NKU's Celtic studies group to do a demo at NKU. There really are no details as of yet because I wanted to get feedback from the group as to who would be interested/available to do a demo at NKU and what times people would be available.

I know their group meets at 3pm, but I have passed along that it would be difficult for us to do a demo in the 8-5pm timeframe. I will probably be suggesting something like a Sat or Sun so there would be no rushing and we would have the necessary time to do it right.

If this is done right there is a big chance for recruitment here. So please chime in with your thoughts.

In Service,
Ld Alaric de Colville
Seneschal (Lisabetta Temperani)
Privy Council
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Alaric, I'd be interested in helping. We could do a fencing demonstration, or I'd be happy to show some fiber arts stuff. I know there are others better qualified, but I can spin reasonably well. Let me know what I can do and when the demo is slated to happen.

YIS,

Crespine
Crespine de la Vallée
Merchant
graphgraph

Re: NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Dates and times. I prefer evenings over Saturdays. Sundays might work. Parking at NKU is a big problem.
M
Cpt Mahon
Landowner
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/09/28 11:53 By mahon.

Re: NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
I am emailing him today to find out if there is a sunday in the next month that would work. As the temp's drop it becomes harder to do an outdoors demo. I did not want to commit to a date until I knew what kind of response I would have.
Privy Council
graphgraph

Re:NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Greetings,

The tentative date for the NKU demo is Sunday Oct 24th in the afternoon. So I need to know who will commit to serving at the demo so I can give the gentleman numbers. He apparently needs to let them know how many people will be at the demo and how many cars will be parking on campus.

Many thanks to all.

In Service,
Ld Alaric de Colville
Privy Council
graphgraph

Well, I will be able to make it. I will be returning from Royal Hunt that day, but I'll probably be leaving the event site in the morning. If you give me a specific time, I can make sure I'm there.
That day is also my birthday. Ha.
I've never done one of these demo things, so I'd like to know what is expected of me.

YIS,

Crespine
Crespine de la Vallée
Merchant
graphgraph

Re:NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I'll do it.
M
Cpt Mahon
Landowner
graphgraph

I'm in.
Johann Bohrer von Elsass
Peasant
graphgraph

Alaric, can you please post when you have the date/time confirmed? I know some others who might like to come but aren't part of our Barony.

~ Crespine
Crespine de la Vallée
Merchant
graphgraph

Re:NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Being that "Celtic Studies" offers over two millennia of materiel to cover, is there some particular time or culture they're focusing on?

I have some ironwork I'd be happy to bring -or at least pass on so others could bring- but it would be a little embarrassing to show them 2nd century Gaulish when they're all thinking 17th century Irish, or vice versa.
Reinhold
Serf
graphgraph
Memento Homo, Quod Cinis Est, Et In Cenerem Reverentis

Reinhold, that would be great. For the record anyone who wishes to come show off what they do are welcome. Demo's are not just for fighting.

I have confirmed the 24th with the contact and am just waiting on time and location. Also if you know anyone else who may be interested in coming, whether they are a member of our Barony or not, by all means invite them.

Also while I am pretty confident that I am going to be there for the day, I would like someone to volunteer to be my backup in case something should come up keeping me from attending.

So far we have two rapiers and two heavy fighters. However we currently have no rapier Marshal so the Heavies are the only ones who could fight. If any registered Rapier Marshal's would be able to commit to the demo that would be great. Also while we can effectively demo both fighting types (assuming we get a rapier marshal), it would be nice to have more than just one set of fighters each. So anyone else, rapier or heavy, who can attend you are most welcome.

Anyone planning on doing any A&S demonstrations there please make arrangements to bring a table for what you need. I will check to see if any would be available but it's probably best to assume not.

If anyone has any questions please post them here and I will get them answered asap.

In Service,
Ld Alaric de Colville
Privy Council
graphgraph

I should be able to attend and fight heavy. I will not know for sure until the week of the demo.
Onund Ullrson
Peasant
graphgraph

Re:NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
I believe Drogo and I are available. Should be fun!
Lady Lionetta Illuminatore
Privy Council
graphgraph

Re:NKU Demo 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -10
Conal & I should be able to make it. Do we need to organize tables or shade or anything?
Artemisia
Serf
graphgraph

I have heard back from my contact. Rather than retyping I shall just post what he wrote below:

Alaric,

We just got the reservation! We have from 11:00am until 6:00pm on the Science Building Lawn on Sunday October 24th, just to clarify. The Schools address is Nunn Dr, Newport KY 41099. Coming from Cinci you'll
want to get on 75 South, then take 471 South until the highway becomes 27 South (when the speed limit goes down to 45 get in the right lane) and then the school will be on the right. If your coming from Louisville
take 75 North, then get on 275 East, then take either 471 South as above, or the Three Mile Rd/Northern Kentucky University exit. I'll have more on where to park and all that when I get the info. Obviously Heavy
Fighting is the crowd bringer/ main attraction, but its fantastic that you guys are bringing A&S as well. Feel free to do whatever you guys want people to know about, after all the goal here is to spread the word to
people who don't know about you guys! I'm planning on making fliers to post around campus, but being that I'm not a member of SCA, is there anything you would like the poster to say? I figure some basic info and
a picture of a heavy fight will be sufficient to gather interest.

I'll update you on parking as soon as I can,
-Kyle
Privy Council
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234

This is the recognized Web site for the Barony of Fenix, Middle Kingdom (The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.) and is maintained by Jennifer Prichard (Ellisif Steinsdottir). This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. Copyright © 2011 Barony of Fenix. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister. They will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors. All external links are not part of the Barony of Fenix website. Inclusion of a page or site here is neither implicit nor explicit endorsement of the site. Further, SCA, Inc. is not responsible for content outside of http://midrealm.org/baronyfenix.

Middle Kingdom Calendar
Calendar of Events for the Middle Kingdom of the SCA