Office of the Chatelaine
1436 Coventry Court
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 241-1908 (Please no calls after 9:00 PM Central)
Email is the preferred method of contact.
Some of the following pages contain links over which neither the SCA nor the Middle Kingdom has any control:
ALL CHATELAINES SHOULD HAVE A COPY OF THE CHATELAINE'S HANDBOOK, Click to link to DOWNLOAD!
HELP WANTED! Interested in being a Chatelaine-at-Large or other position? Check the Job Openings
Regional Chatelaine Mailing Lists and Facebook Groups:
Yahoo Group Chatelaine Email Lists exist for each region in the Midrealm. This is a place where you can exchange ideas, discuss challenges, as well as get announcements from your Regional Chatelaine and/or the Kingdom Chatelaine.
- Constellation_Chatelaines Yahoo Group
- Midlands_Chatelaines Yahoo Group
- NorthOaken_Chatelaines Yahoo Group
- Pentamere_Chatelaines Yahoo Group
- SouthOaken_Chatelaines Yahoo Group
Facebook Chatelaine Groups exist for the Middle Kingdom, as well as some Society-wide Groups. The groups are open to anyone and are not limited to just Chatelaines. Anyone who is interesed in recruiting and helping newcomers is welcome to join,
- NEW! SCA Middle Kingdom Chatelaines - Facebook
- NEW! SCA Newcomers Point - Facebook
- NEW! SCA Recruiting - Facebook
Chatelaine Resources and Forms:
- Chatelaine's Handbook (Now Avaliable in an EASY TO READ font! Please print!)
- ONLINE Report Form All Chatelaines are required to report twice a year.
- Job Openings
- Warrant Roster UPDATED!
- What is a Warrant?
- On Being a Hospitaller
- Newcomers are Nice
- SCA Demo Policy
- Regarding the Society Media Policy
- SCA Interactive Newcomer Portal
EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about the SCA in a fun interactive site! GREAT to give Newcomers
- Midrealm Newcomer's Quest Instructions
- Midrealm Newcomer's Quest by Baronessa Giovanna Adimari
- How to Retain Members by Baronessa Giovanna Adimari
- Planning Events that Engage Members Can Aid Retention by Baronessa Giovanna Adimari
- The Quest of Hugh Izzit Rules
- The Quest of Hugh Izzit Series One
- The Quest of Lord Izzit Series Two
- The Quest of His Excellency, Hugh Izzit Series Three
- The Quest of Sir Hugh Izzit Series Four
- The Quest of His Grace, Hugh Izzit Series Five
- The Quest of His Majesty, Hugh Izzit Series Six
- The Quest of Saint Hugh Izzit Series 7
- Persona Worksheet (Goes along with The Quest of St. Hugh
The Quests of Hugh Izzitbr>
Follow along on the adventures of Hugh Izzit! The Quest of Hugh Izzit is a set of quests compiled by the Barony of Shattered Crystal, not just for new members, but for members who have been in the SCA for a while, too. Each set gives a list of items to try, perform, and accomplish to help one learn about the SCA, and the history and lifestyle of the Middle Ages/Renaissance. Any suggestions for new and different quests should be sent to the chatelain of the Barony of Shattered Crystal. All storylines, drawings, and compilations have been made by Cinaed Ulric, Amhranai tan Briongloid, mka Jonathan Thorn, and may be freely copied and used throughout the SCA, so long as proper credit is given. Please be sure to print out a copy of the instructions before beginning or distributing one of Hugh's quests.br>
NOTE: Beads and tokens for the Quests of Hugh Izzit are to be supplied by the local group. The Kingdom Chatelaine only has beads and tokens on hand for those participating in the Midrealm Newcomer's Quest, and only for groups who are unable to provide their own.
The Quests of Hugh Izzit are more in depth than the Midrealm Newcomer's Quest listed above and assume the person completing Hugh's quests has a bit more familiarity with the SCA than one just starting out. If you have someone brand new to the SCA, please start with the Midrealm Newcomer's Quest. If you have someone who's been to a few events, meetings, and is relatively active within the SCA, the Hugh Izzit series of quests may be a better resource.
Recruitment Resources and Handouts:
- Recruitment in the SCA 101 by Baronessa Giovanna Adimari
- Suggestions for Chatelaines
- Overview of the SCA - a two-sided flyer with photos.
- Shorter overview of the SCA - a one page exerpt of the above, with tear-off contact info for bulletin boards.
- Brief intro to the SCA - Microsoft Word document | PDF format a double-sided, trifold handout.
These flyers are in Microsoft Word. The local group's contact info should be filled in on the tear-off strips and in the body of the flyer.
- NEW! What's going on here? History! And it's fun! (photo of ladies in garb)
- NEW! History Lives!
- NEW! History Lives! version without mention of brewing, for dry sites)
- NEW! The 3 Musketeers aren't just a story (photo of fencers)
- NEW! General Description of the SCA (with fencing photo)
- NEW! General Description of the SCA (with photo of armored fighter)
- NEW! General Description of the SCA (with photo of fighters storming a fort)
- NEW! Includes details of armored combat (photo & details of armored fighting)
- NEW! General Description of the SCA (with photo of armored combat unit)
- NEW! General Description of the SCA (with sketch of Norman helm)
- NEW! What are these guys doing? (General SCA info; photo of armored combat)
- NEW! What is this woman doing? (SCA Arts & Sciences; photo working on a scroll)
- NEW! General Description of the SCA (space for a photo from the SCA Gallery
- NEW! Introduction to the SCA (a more text-heavy flyer - condensed version of the "Overview of the SCA" Handout above)