Office of the Chronicler
1162 N Trail Ct NE
Comstock Park, MI 49321
616-784-3175 (no calls after 10pm please)
Blackfox & Augustine Awards
- NEW! 2012 Blackfox Award and Augustine Award nominees (pdf).
- NEW! Dover Clip Art and cd rom PA Document Rights highlighted(.pdf)
- Citing Your Sources in Your A & S Documentation
- Chicago Manual of Style - Brief Citation Guide
- What is Plagiarism?STRONGLY recommended. (External link)
- Plagiarism.org (External link)
- Image Library (in-line images)
- Image Library (without in-line images)
- The Pale
- Ringmail - Midland's regional newsletter
The Quercus - Oaken regional newsletter 3rd Quarter 2010 (.pdf)
- The Quercus - Print version
- The Gauntlet - Pentamere's Regional newsletter (.pdf)
- A.S. 45 (2011) Blackfox Award Winners (For a full explanation of what the Blackfox Awards are for, go to the Society Chronicler's page - Blackfox Awards.)
"Fillable" version of the Change of Office form (Thank you HL Alex Ravenshaw!).
Change of Office/New Officer Form
- Change of Office/New Officer Form (.pdf)
- NEW! Release forms FAQ
- Release Forms Letter 092110 (.pdf)
- Release Creative (.pdf)
- Release Creative (fillable .pdf)
- Release Model (.pdf)
- Release Model (fillable .pdf)
- Release Photographer (.pdf)
- Release Photographer (fillable .pdf)
- Warranted Chroniclers List (forthcoming)
- SCA Publication policy (Society Chronicler's Handbook/Policies)
- Middlebridge (Middle Kingdom discussion list)
- Midrealm Chroniclers Discussion List
- SCA Chroniclers Discussion List
Warranted MK Chroniclers
NEW! Updated listing of Warranted Chroniclers (.pdf)
Clip Art and Articles
Wikimedia & the SCA
"As Wikimedia does not provide 'any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms', images from that site cannot be used directly on SCA websites and in SCA publications. Images from stock photography or clip art services can continue to be used as long as all the terms of usage listed are met and the source is credited."
Here is Wikimedia's statement plus the link, if you would like to review it:
Wikimedia's statement (from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia): 'While the copyright and licensing information supplied for each image is believed to be accurate, the Wikimedia Foundation does not provide any warranty regarding the copyright status or correctness of licensing terms. If you decide to reuse files from Commons, you should make your own determination of the copyright status of each image just as you would when obtaining images from other sources.'
If you have any questions, please contact the Kingdom Chronicler.
Middle Kingdom policies and procedure manuals are available for download on the respective Officer's pages. If you need a printed copy of a manual, please contact the Kingdom Chronicler.
Society has just released various sizes of the SCA logo that can be used by Chroniclers and Webministers alike. Feel free to make use of this resource and to let fellow Chroniclers and Webministers know the good news!
These [new] forms apply to chroniclers and webministers alike. We MUST use them by January 1, 2011, but you are welcome to start using them immediately. Actually, I would strongly encourage you to begin using them immediately, as long as they are available. Please share the forms on down the line to all of your locals.
Please destroy any blank copies you may have in your files of the previous forms.
For articles, photos, etc. that you have used up to now, you're fine. You don't have to go back to hunt down contributors to have them fill out the new forms.
In order to take advantage of the "fillable" forms, you will need to have installed Adobe's Acrobat Reader.