Office of the Chronicler
1106 Egleston Ave
No calls after 9:00 p.m. Eastern
Electronic SCA newsletter Updates
E-Newsletter Announcement - July 2011
The Board policy on kingdom electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) is scheduled to take effect on January 1, 2012, with the first e-newsletter available being the March, 2012 issue. Here are some of the important details of this policy.
- All paid Sustaining and International members will have access to all SCA, Inc. kingdom e-newsletters via a password-protected website, even if they choose to continue receiving paper newsletters.
- All kingdom newsletters will be 8.5”x11” with a uniform page count to allow all the paper newsletters to be sent in one bulk mailing.
- Within each kingdom, the paper and electronic newsletters will contain the same information, but the kingdom will have the option of including a supplemental PDF of articles, photo essays, art, etc. for the newsletters website.
- Once the link to the e-newsletter website is available on www.sca.org (after January 1, 2012), you may discontinue your paper newsletter, no matter where you are in your membership cycle. However, please be aware that no refunds can be issued if you choose to do so.
- An e-newsletter will not constitute proof of membership.
As always, we encourage your comments and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and will try to answer any question you may have. Your kingdom or officer ombudsman is always available to you to answer these questions directly and those assignments are listed in your newsletter and on the www.sca.org website.
You may also find answers to a number of other questions relating to e-newsletters on the SCA website at http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/e-newslettersFAQ.html.
April 11, 2011
From the Electronic Newsletter Committee: "While we appreciate the willingness to embrace adding e-newsletters, we must acknowledge that the Kingdom of Lochac has provided us with much insight from their addition of an electronic kingdom newsletter two years ago. The remaining kingdoms will add this option en masse, to reduce the difficulties inherent in having two newsletter processes going simultaneously. We are still in the planning phases, and will share our progress as we can."
March 22, 2011
Latest information regarding Kingdom E-Newsletters (.pdf)
March 7, 2011
From the Board of Directors: FAQ on E-Newsletters (.pdf)
February 17, 2011
"Just for clarification, implementation of the e-newsletters does not mean the end of paper newsletters. Once e-newsletters are available, members will have the option to select either one, with the e-newsletter being the more
-- Electronic Newsletter Committee