Office of the Exchequer
13404 Butler Road
Wakeman, OH 44889
Greetings unto the exchequers and populace of the Middle Kingdom,The first month in office has highlighted topics that need to be addressed as well as questions that need to be answered or more fully explained –
Monthly and quarterly reporting - Reporting must be done monthly using the cumulative format. The purpose of the monthly reporting is to create a more rigorous system of checks and balances.
- To create the monthly report, start with your current quarterly report and import into it. Complete your form and “save as” the month and year, i.e., May 2016 Reconciliation.
- Monthly and quarterly reports are due to the regional exchequer by the last day of the next month. (May reports were due by June 30th.)
- Monthly reports and statements should be signed for the local exchequers’ files and seneschals’ group files. They may be scanned and electronically sent to the regional exchequer.
- Quarterly reports and the Domesday should be signed and hard copies should be sent to the regional exchequer.
- The non-member registration reports and fees must be submitted to the NMR deputy or the Kingdom Exchequer within 10 days of the event.
- Waivers including non-member waivers and child waivers must be sent to the Waiver deputy within 14 days of the event.
- NO CHANGES may be made to a group bank account without first filling out a bank account change form and sending it to the Kingdom Exchequer in its original Excel format.
- Changes may only be made after that request is forwarded to the Society and permission is granted at that level.
- Free - Absolutely no registration fee and do not collect NMR.
- Freewill Donation - A donation of money or goods going to a specific cause or for a specific purpose but is not required for entrance does not collect NMR.
- Suggested/Required Donation - In order to get into the event, an individual must donate either money or item/goods. This is not a free event and NMR must be collected.
- All events must send an NMR report to the NMR deputy or kingdom exchequer regardless of whether a registration fee was collected or not. Waivers - non-member and child - must be signed regardless of whether individuals paid a fee. A gate form showing attendance should also be kept showing membership. This information allows us to maintain compliance with the Society regarding waivers and insurance.
Groups that are not in compliance with Kingdom and Society reporting requirements - monthly and NMR - are at risk of having their groups placed on financial probation. Groups that continue to be out of compliance will be recommended to the Kingdom Seneschal for suspension.
If you have questions or need help, please do not wait until you are out of compliance to ask for help. Please email or call your regional or myself. Please reach out to the other exchequers in the new discussion groups on Facebook or Google.
Thank you for your dedicated service to your groups, to the Kingdom, and the Society. The Exchequer is a position with a great amount of responsibility on the modern world administrative side of our Society. It is incumbent upon us to uphold the highest standards in order to allow the “game side” to run smoothly and enjoyably.
In service to the Crown and Kingdom,