Classes: the following are confirmed classes. More will be
Court follows at 4 p.m. Feast at 6p.m. following
- 10 AM: Ikebana. Lady
Rachel of Gwyntarian.
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding). Class Limit:6.
2 hrs. Gwyntarian Weavers Guild.
- Yin and Yang: Healing and Harming in the Orient.
2 hrs. Mokuse Kenshin.
Class Limit 12 (16 and older only).
- Calligraphy - Solveig Throndardottir.
- (Students should bring if they
have them: Calligraphy Brush, A large piece of thick felt bigger
than the paper they are writing on, paper weight, Japanese calligraphy
paper, Japanese calligraphy ink & some sort of shallow saucer
for ink OR Ink sticks and an ink stone, Sudare - resembles a
sushi roller. what the brushes are rolled up in for transport.
*limited* amount of loaner supplies available.)
- Themes in European & Japanese Art. Kelly
- Temari (Thread-Wrapped Balls) 3 hrs. Lady
- 11AM: Bonsai
Theory & Practice. Lady Rachel of Gwyntarian.
- Ainu - Indigenous Caucasians of Japan. Lord Maelruain mac Seain.
- Sushi Making for Beginners. Keikai
- Noon: Guest Speaker Catherine
- Courtly love in the Heian Period (794-1185) (90
- 1 PM:Getting Re-Oriented:
Converting a modern Kimono to an historic Kosode. THL Milesent Vibert.
- Development of Traditional Japanese Theater.
Lord Maelruain mac Seain.
- Basic Origami. Mistress
Arwenna of Kelsley.
- History of Weapons. Rob Chance.
- Shibori (Tie/Stitch Dye Technique). 2 hrs. Gwyntarian Weaver's Guild.
- Japanese Longbows. Garvin the
- 2PM: First Contacts
European & Japanese Discovery of Each Other. Baron
Nigel fitzMaurice de Caeranor.
- Anime & Manga, and Their Development From
Traditional Japanese Theater. Lord Maelruain
- History of Japanese Pottery. Zillah
bint Uways al-Qahir.
- Spots of Fawn & Gold (Aesthetics of Dress).
- Intermediate Origami. Rob
& Tess Chance.
- 3PM: Guest Speaker
- Dr. Michael Bathgate.
- "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition:
The God and guns of Europe in sixteenth-century Japan.