Office of the DEM - Youth Boffer
& Youth Armored Combat
15753 Kingston Drive
Fraser, MI 48026
H: (586) 296-7818 C: (586)243-0599
No calls after 10pm, Eastern.
The Kingdom Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Combat is a deputy of the Kingdom Earl Marshal and reports to both the Kingdom Earl Marshal and the Society Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Combat. It is the D.E.M. of Youth Combat.s responsibility to ensuring the safe practice of Youth Combat throughout the Kingdom. The mission of the Youth Combat Program for the Middle Kingdom is to provide a safe and fun environment whereby the Youth of the Kingdom from ages six (6) to seventeen (17) years can participate in martial activities, which mirror adult heavy combat, at a level appropriate to their age. The goal is to introduce and reinforce the ideals of chivalry, honor, courtesy, service, and heraldic pageantry, both on and off the list field. The program stresses good sportsmanship and significant parental participation. It is designed to allow the youth to learn more about all aspects of the Society and above all, HAVE FUN!
From the Society Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Combat:
The Society Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Combat has confirmed the intent to phase out use of PVC in the construction of youth combat weapons society wide. The final form of this ruling and the exact cutoff date is yet to be determined. To make the transition easier when it happens, and allow evaluation of alternative materials, the interim weapon construction guidelines below will be adopted.
A full set of Society Youth Combat rules should be released later this year. A rewrite of the kingdom rules will be required at that time. Suggestions are welcome.
All youth marshals in the Middle Kingdom should confirm that their Regional Youth Combat Marshal has up to date contact information so that any rule changes can be disseminated as quickly as possible.
- Youth Combat Yahoo Group - To subscribe to the Youth Combat e-mail list simply send a blank message to MiddleYouthMarshalemail@example.com
- MK Armored Combat Handbook v11 (.pdf) - Youth Combat is covered in Appendix C
- Society Marshals' Handbook (.pdf) Covers Combat, Combat Archery, and Siege
- Midrealm Forums - To Arms! Fighter's Forum
Forms & Waivers
- Society's Minors' Combat Waiver - (.pdf)
- MK Waiver Minor Combat - (.doc) (.pdf)
- Officers' Warrant Form (.pdf)
- Participant's Waiver Form (.pdf)
- MK Authorization Form - (.doc) (.pdf)
- MK Report Activity - (.doc) (.pdf)
- MK Report Activity Authorizations - (.doc) (.pdf)
- MK Report Activity Participants Sign-Up - (.doc) (.pdf)
- MK Report Activity Roster: Marshals - (.doc) (.pdf)
- MK Report Group Roster Participants - (.doc) (.pdf)
- MK Waiver Combat Roster - (.doc) (.pdf)
Tourney Report (includes authorizations summary): The Marshal in Charge has one (1) week to send report to Regional & Clerk of the Roster.
Incident Report: The Marshal in Charge and Chirurgeon have 48 hours to send a report to the Regional Marshal, Kingdom Earl Marshal and; Kingdom Chirurgeon.
Authorization Form: Combatants have 45 days to send in their completed authorization forms in to the Clerk of the Roster.