Re: [Mid] Re: sca-middle-digest V9 #193

From: Laurie LaCross-Wright <l_lacross_wright_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon 19 May 2003 09:27:30 AM EDT

Thank you for the kind words. Our first experiences with the SCA were less
than congenial on many levels. We persisted because we really wanted to do
this as our hobby. Because of our initial experience, we decided to make it
our personal mission to put forth our best effort in making people feel at
home and welcome when playing at an event we are working at or attending.
Truthfully, patches and favors don't make people feel singled out, of place
and uncomfortable - people make newcomers feel that way, most of the time
without even realizing it. We're pretty proud of the fact that Iron Oak has
doubled in size in less than two years. An average of 40 gentles attend our
monthly revels. We will have approximately 60 attending Border War and about
50 at Pennsic this year. Not bad for an incipient canton,eh?
Genevieve of Ravenhall