"Officer serves as the "president"
of the group. They act as group administrator and legal representative
of the SCA."
If you've just returned from Pennsic, welcome home!
It's been quiet on the SCA front for the rest of us, an opportunity
to work on projects or to take time for the other things in our
lives. But there are lots of good events coming in the Region in
the next few months for us all to get our Midlands fix...
I have just a couple of quick notes this month to pass along.
- Seneschal's reports are due this month - Shire and Canton reports
on the 15th, Baronial on the 30th. If you're going to be late, please
let me know. The PDF version of the report form appears below; we
had a few issues with it last time, so if you want to use it, please
note: Save the form to your hard drive before *and* after you fill
it out, then attach it to an e-mail to send it to me. DO NOT use
the "send" option from the Adobe menu - it'll wipe out
all your entries and I'll receive a blank form (frustrating for
both of us!). There's also a version for MSWord, or you can type
your answers into an e-mail to me.
- As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Kingdom now requires we
use their specific form at Troll instead of any other systems we
had in place. I'll be using it for the first time myself at MKAOD
and will pass along any learnings I gain; otherwise, I suggest contacting
the Kingdom Exchequer if you have any questions regarding it.
- REGIONAL JOB OPENING: Lady Asa has notified me that she wishes
to step down as Regional Chronicler, effective immediately. Please
pass this along to your groups and have anyone who may be interested
in the position contact either Lady Asa or me.
I'll be attending a number of events in the next couple of months,
both in and out of the Region. As usual, I'm available for "office
hours" whenever you see me wearing the red ribbon and sparkly
Key. Come say hello!
- Aug 17 | Swine & Roses South Bend, IN (White Waters)
- Aug 23-24 | Feast of St Ethyl/Baroness War Chatham, IL
- Aug 30-Sept 1 | MKAOD Manteno, IL (Ravenslake)
- Sep 7 | Fox Hunt Big Rock, IL (Fox Vale)
- Sep 21 | Shire of Dark River 35th Anniversary Moline, IL
- Oct 18-20 | Crown Tourney Noblesville, IN (Sternfeld)
- Oct 26 | All Hallows Revel Glasford, IL (Lochmorrow)
- Nov 2 | All Souls' Roselle, IL (Vanished Wood)
- Nov 9 | Glass Arts Day Kalamazoo, MI (Three Hills)
- Nov 16 | St Nicholas Toys for Tots Plymouth, IN (White
Unfortunately, as of right now I'll have to miss both Fields of Cloth
and Gold (Oct 5, Illiton) and Crystal Ball (Nov 9, Shattered Crystal)
due to schedule conflicts. (sad face!)
That's it for this month. Keep sending in award recommendations
- Their Majesties can't recognize the goodness that is the Midlands
unless we help Them to know it exists!
Play nice, share the toys, have fun...
ATTENTION SENESCHALS: Quarterly Reporting Schedule (Effective
29 December 2012)
Incipient Group Seneschal reports are due to the
Deputy for New Groups and to their sponsoring branch Seneschal
on: May 15 & August 15
Local branch Seneschal reports are due to Baronial
and Regional Seneschals on: Feb 15, May 15, August 15, November
Baronial Seneschal reports are due to the Regional
Seneschal on: March 2, May 30, August 30, November 30
There will not be any cumulative Domesday reports.
Remember, branches that do not send in a Quarterly Report by the
deadline may be suspended automatically without prior notice. DON’T
LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! If you’re going to be late, let me know
We are working on making the report (currently available in PDF
into a user-friendly fillable form. In the meantime, please make
certain you are using this version since there have been changes
from previous years’ reports.
August 14, 2013