Getting started in the SCA is quite simple! Just follow these steps and you'll be on your way.
- Find your local branch (in this case, the Canton of Rokkehealden).
- Come to a meeting, an activity, or an event.
- Contact the Chatelain who will be more than happy to welcome you and assist you.
A few things to take note of while starting...
- Everyone in the SCA started out right where you are today. At one point we were all new to the SCA. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We are here to help you get acclimated, to show you the ropes, and to help you pursue your interests.
- SCA activities and meetings revolve around sociability. Meetings and activities are sometimes the only opportunity for members to see each other, exchange information, and generally get caught up. As a new member, do not feel excluded, just join in the conversation and get to know us.
- Knowledge and skill are not a pre-requisite for joining the SCA. All that is asked, is that you come to the SCA with a willingness to participate and learn. You may be surprised at what you attempt to do once you see the possibilities. Challenge yourself to learn a new skill -- fighting, calligraphy, brewing, whatever you choose to explore and however you choose to enrich yourself.
More -- Advice for Newcomers