Site Information & Directions
- Site Rule #1: Play nice, share the toys, and don’t do anything stupid.
- “Wet” site – please be responsible. When in doubt, check ID.
- The site is mostly handicap-accessible.
- THERE ARE SHOWERS!!!
- Camp store on site
- THERE IS A POOL!!! (wristbands for pool access available from the camp store, $5 for the weekend)
- We are not renting the entire site – there may be folk using other areas. Please be courteous, especially when driving through the site or using the common areas.
- Please unload at your campsite and move your vehicle back to the parking area as quickly as possible.
- There are several fire pits on site, all fires must be in designated fire pits. FIRE PITS CANNOT BE MOVED.
- Pets welcome! (double check with the campground for unique animals)
- Map of campground
From the North:
Going south out of Springfield in I-55, take exit 88. At the top of the ramp turn right (it is a continuous go lane). Follow the road around the curve, through the traffic light, to the Double J Campground. We are about 2 miles from the exit.
From the South: (2 options)
Going North on I-55 it is easiest to go up to Exit 88, take a left at the top of the ramp. Follow the road around the curve, through the traffic light, to the Double J Campground. We are about 2 miles from the exit.
Going North on I-55 you can also save 4 miles by getting off I-55 at Exit 83. Go left at the top of the ramp, then turn right onto the frontage road after you cross the expressway. We are about 3 miles up the frontage road. Using this route is faster. However, you will feel like you are in the middle of nowhere when you get off the interstate.