Site Information & Directions
From the North:
Follow I-55 S to IL-29 E in Springfield. Take exit 96A from I-55 S. Follow IL-29 E into Taylorville. Turn right onto N Cheney St. Turn right onto W Spresser St.
From the South:
Take I-55 N to IL-127 S/IL-48 N in Zanesville. Follow IL-48 N to Taylorville. Turn left onto Co Rd 1100 E/S Spresser St
- Site Rule #1: Play nice, share the toys, and don’t do anything stupid.
- Map of site --- Printer friendly map of site
- Because we are able to welcome equestrian participants to this event, ALL ATTENDEES must sign the Equestrian Event waiver, even if you have a valid blue card. NO EXCEPTIONS. You can read the Society policy for clarification.
- Wet site, please be responsible. When in doubt, check ID.
- The site is mostly handicap-accessible.
- THERE ARE SHOWERS!!!
- The site is mostly level with some shaded areas. A limited number electric/RV sites are available at an additional charge. If you are tent camping and need access to electricity for medical reasons please contact the event steward and we will do our best to accommodate you. Quiet camping area is the south end.
- Please unload at your campsite and move your vehicle back to the parking area as quickly as possible.
- Elevated fire pits only, no ground fires. Please do not bring in firewood from outside a 50-mile radius of the area (to avoid transporting insect infestations).
~Coursing Participants (and other dog owners)~
- Dogs are allowed onsite for the entire event, whether or not they are participating in coursing activities.
- Please be aware that not all attendees are comfortable around dogs, so keep them leashed and under control.
- It is your responsibility to completely clean up after your dog.
- There are several barns available but fences/stalls will not be set up in them so you must bring your own (Map of site)
- The site DOES NOT have an area for disposal of manure and bedding.
- Please direct all questions regarding equestrian facilities or activities to the Equestrian MiC.
- Midrealm Equestrian info page