Lunch Coordinator: Lady Bojei Timur aka Kate Bercaw-Hartl kateslist at comcast dot net
Lunch is a choice of three pies, a vegetable, and a sweet, and a drink. Cost is $5.00
The pie choices are:
- Saveloy sausage (pork, parmesan, saffron, cinnamon, salt and pepper), artichokes, mushrooms, raisins, verjuice, and eggs
- Chickens, almonds, pinenuts, dates, cheese, apple juice, sugar, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and eggs
- Cauliflower, mozzarella and assorted cheeses, mint, marjoram, cinnamon, clove, sugar, salt, pepper, and eggs [vegetarian]
- Pie crusts are flour, salt, shortening, and water. There will be a limited number of crustless pies: crustless pies will also have butter.)
The vegetable is your choice of:
- cabbage with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- peas with butter, garlic, parsley, orange juice, and vegetable broth
The sweet is fruit or ricotta cheesecake (ricotta, ginger, apple juice, pinenuts, sugar, and egg whites plus crust.)
Recipes were taken from the Opera of Bartolomeo Scappi and then tested by Bojei Temur , Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, and the Areyton Cooks Guild.